Explore the Laguna de los Cóndores 3D/2N
Quick view of the activity
3 Days / 2 Nights
Quick view of the activity
“TREKKING EXPLORE THE CONDOR LAKE 3D/2N” is a unique trekking experience designed for adventurers and nature lovers. For three days and two nights, you will immerse yourself in a spectacular journey to the Laguna de los Cóndores, a mystical place surrounded by breathtaking landscapes. This trek offers the perfect combination of physical challenge and visual reward, providing unparalleled opportunities to explore biodiversity and marvel at panoramic views. Get ready for a memorable adventure in one of Peru’s hidden treasures.
FIRST DAY: HIKE AND HORSEBACK RIDE FROM LEYMEBMBA TO THE LAGOON:
- Departure from Chachapoyas at 4 am, arrival breakfast in the community of Leymebamba at 6:30 am.
- We start our hike and/or horseback ride from the community of Leymebamba at 7 am, on a pre-Hispanic road, with typical cloud forest, habitat of the Andean Condor, Andean Toucan, Golden-headed Quetzal, Tanagers and other birds of the place.
- The community of Leymebamba is located at 2200 m.a.s.l. and in our hike we have to go up to 3800 m.a.s.l. to the site called La Fila, from where we can appreciate the mountain chains of the branches of the Northeastern Andes mountain range, short break for taking pictures and box lunch (picnic).
- Then from this place we have to descend to the Laguna de los Condores in the middle of mountains, streams and canyons with lush vegetation.
- Arrival at the Laguna de los Cóndores cabin where we will spend the night.
SECOND DAY: VISIT TO THE MAUSOLEUMS SACRED PLACE CHACHAPOYA
- Breakfast at the Laguna de los Cóndores cabin at 7:30 am.
- After breakfast at 8:30 am, we start our hike to visit the archaeological site of Llacta Cocha located on the shores of the lagoon at 2700 meters above sea level.
- Then we will use a boat to cross the lagoon, from where we can appreciate the surrounding mountains and typical cloud forest where you can see local birds such as tanagers, hummingbirds, wild ducks and other birds.
- Arrival to the other side of the lagoon, place from where we will walk and begin our ascent to reach the place where the mausoleums are, special place where 219 mummies were rescued in perfect state of preservation with more than 2500 pieces, including ceramics from different cultures, Chachapoyas and Inca style textiles, pyrography gourds, wood carvings among others, which were used as offerings by our ancestors, also from the place where these tombs are located there is a spectacular view of the Laguna de los Cóndores. After our visit we will have lunch and free afternoon to walk around the lagoon and relax, we will spend the night in the local cabin.
THIRD DAY: RETURN ADVENTURE TO THE COMMUNITY OF LEYMEBAMBA
- Breakfast at the cabin at 7 am.
- Departure from La Laguna de los Cóndores at 7:30 am, walk and / or horseback riding along the same road to reach the community of Leymebamba to visit the museum, the most important interpretation center of our culture, the museum houses the 219 mummies in perfect condition with more than 2500 pieces, including ceramics from different cultures, textiles Chachapoyas and Inca style, pyrography gourds, wood carvings among others and the best preserved quipus of Peru, which were used as offerings by our ancestors the Chachapoya warriors, end of our visit and return to the city of Chachapoyas and / or overnight in the community of Leymebamba to continue your journey to the city of Cajamarca by land.
IMPORTANT: prices based on a minimum of two persons.
DEPARTURES FROM MAY TO NOVEMBER.
Get ready for your activity
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THIS ADVENTURE TRIP:
- These hikes are recommended for people in good physical condition because of the 1,600 meters of elevation gain, 37 kilometers of walking and horseback riding in a single day and the same distance on the return trip.
- Bring your personal sleeping bags and your personal sleeping mats.
- In case of people who suffer from gluten, lactose or something similar, please send adequate information in order to avoid problems and to be able to prepare a suitable meal for the client.
- You should bring adequate clothing for trekking in the Northeastern Andes, land of the Chachapoyas warriors.
- Poncho and/or rain jacket.
- Special hiking shoes and/or sneakers for the mountains.
- Warm clothes because the place is cold.
- Medicine if you suffer from any disease such as asthma, altitude sickness.
- Sun block, repellent, hat and/or cap for sun protection.
- Provide yourself with batteries (3 to 4) for your camera in order to be able to take the pictures you want because there is no electrical system in the place.
What is included?
Transportation from the city of Chachapoyas to the community of Leymebamba.
Return transportation from the community of Leymebamba to the city of Chachapoyas.
Tourist tickets to the sites to be visited.
Breakfasts, box lunches and dinners during our trek.
Expert guides of the area 03 days.
Mineral water every day.
Horses for the three days of trekking and horseback riding.
Lodging in a cabin at Laguna de los Cóndores second and third night (Basic Service).
First aid kit.
What is not included?
Bus tickets and others not specified.
Additional Free Services
- Enrich your experience with our additional extra services:
We will capture special moments of your tour using high-end cell phone cameras to guarantee superior quality images. These photographs will be carefully selected and sent directly to your WhatsApp or email in high resolution format, preserving the quality and details of your unforgettable memories.