Tarapoto + Chachapoyas + Cajamarca 7D/6N
Quick view of the activity
7 Days / 6 Nights
Quick view of the activity
“TARAPOTO + CHACHAPOYAS + CAJAMARCA” is a trip that invites you to discover the diversity and richness of northern Peru. From the lush beauty of Tarapoto, to the mystical history of Chachapoyas, to the grandiose city of Cajamarca, this tour is a perfect combination of nature, culture and history. Get ready for an unforgettable adventure where each destination will reveal its unique treasures, creating memories that will last a lifetime.
- Pick up from airport or hotel.
- Departure from Tarapoto to the community of Cocachimba, arriving in the city of Moyobamba where we will visit the private conservation area of Wakanqui, where we will appreciate more than 40 varieties of orchids, bromeliads and more than 15 species of hummingbirds, then we will have lunch to continue our journey in the middle of the typical cloud forest of the Alto Mayo conservation area, until we reach the community of Pomacochas where we will make a technical stop to take pictures with a view of the lagoon that bears the same name. Then we will go down to the village of Pedro Ruiz to continue our trip in the middle of the Utcubamba canyon arriving to the community of Cocachimba, where we will spend the night at the Gocta Andes Lodge with the best view of the waterfall.
- Breakfast at the hotel with the best view of the Gocta waterfall.
- We start our hike from the Gocta Andes Lodge at eight in the morning, appreciating the two waterfalls and the fields of sugar cane and other crops.
We will then go into the typical cloud forest, home of the Cock of the Rock, Peru’s national bird, the Yellow-tailed Choro Monkey,
arrival at the base of the waterfall, visit, take pictures, explanation, then return to the community of Cocachimba, arrival and lunch.
- Then rest and relax at the Gocta Lodge and its swimming pool with the best view of the waterfall.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Departure from the community of Cocachimba at 8 am to the community of Cruzpata, arrival at 10 am, from where we will start our hike for 40 minutes.
minutes, thus arriving to the sarcophagi of Karajía, Chachapoyas funerary pattern unique in the world, arrival, visit, explanation and taking pictures. Then return to the community of Cruzpata to continue our trip to the city of Chachapoyas.
- Arrival at 2pm to enjoy our lunch. Then visit the model market of the city of Chachapoyas, to appreciate the lifestyle of our people, then visit the pottery community of Huancas in which we will appreciate the traditional pottery, which was declared cultural heritage of the nation.
- Then we will make the route of the canyons of Sonche and Huanca Urco, these canyons have a depth of about one kilometer, also appreciating the river Sonche and the surrounding mountains, then return to the city of Chachapoyas overnight in hotel chosen.
- Breakfast at chosen hotel 7:30 am.
- Departure from Chachapoyas at 8:30 am, for the visit to the archaeological monument of Kuelap, with technical stop at the viewpoint of the archaeological remains of Macro to explain the function of the archaeological remains, then take the first cable car of Peru which will take us about 20 minutes to reach the place called the Malca, arrival and then walk about 40 minutes to reach Kuelap, the monument dates from the sixth century AD; visit, explanation and take pictures, then return to the Malca, to take the cable car to the community of Tingo where we will taste our lunch, then continue our journey to the Utcubamba Valley, where we will spend the night at the Chillo Lodge.
- Breakfast at 8 am.
- Departure at 9:00 am from the Chillo Lodge to the community of San Bartolo, place from where we will walk to the mausoleums of Revash approximately 50 minutes, arrival and visit to these mausoleums which date from the thirteenth century AD; explanation and photographic shots, then return to our vehicle to continue our journey to the community of Leymebamba, where we will have lunch and then visit the museum of the community, this museum houses more than 219 mummies in perfect condition and more than 2500 artifacts including ceramics, textiles, wood carvings, the 32 best preserved quipus of Peru, mates pyrography with different geometric motifs, among others, which were used as offerings by the brave and warriors Chachapoya. At the end of our visit, transfer to the community of Leymebamba.
- Overnight at the hotel of your choice.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Departure from the community of Leymebamba to the pass called Barro Negro which is at 3600 meters above sea level, from where you can see the valley of the Marañon and the mountain ranges of the eastern branch of the Andes, and then reach the valley of Balsas where we can enjoy the greenery of the fruit trees such as coconut palms, mangoes, plums, avocados, coca plants, cocoa, among others. Then we will continue our trip until we reach 3100 masl.
- At the pass called Gelic from where we can see the Marañon River and the valley, then continue our journey to the city of Celendin where we will enjoy our lunch, then continue our journey to the city of Cajamarca, arrival and overnight at the hotel chosen.
- Breakfast at selected hotel.
- Visit the Historic Center of Cajamarca, one of the most beautiful monumental sites in America, witness of important events that marked the history of Peru and the continent, such as the Encounter of Two Worlds; in recognition of this, it has been declared by the Organization of American States: “Historical and Cultural Heritage of the Americas” (1986).
- We will also visit the Plaza Mayor, its temples such as the Cathedral, San Francisco, the Belen Monumental Complex, with its imposing Baroque façade. Visit to the Ransom Room, which was used to store the gold and silver jewelry brought from different parts of Tahuantinsuyo offered in exchange for the freedom of the Inca Atahualpa.
- We will visit the Colonial Hospitals of men and women, as well as the Ethnographic Museum and finally the Hill of Santa Apolonia, where you can see the entire city of Cajamarca.
- Free afternoon and transfer to the airport for your return to Lima.
NOTE: Departure times vary according to the schedule of the Ministry of Culture System (consult 975819867 or 954799148).
Get ready for your activity
- Recharge the batteries of your camera or cell phone to take the best photos and videos while you are in the car.
- Bring something to keep you warm as it will be a bit windy.
- The hike is of an intermediate level
- Share your experiences so that more people are encouraged to live it!
- Carry valid identification documents, as many archeological and natural sites require them at the entrance.
- Degree of physical difficulty: 1 of 3
What is included?
Tour in private service in the city of Chiclayo visiting Huaca Rajada and the museum of royal tombs by car and/or Hyundai H1 van.
Transfer in private service from the city of Chiclayo to the community of Cocachimba in a Hyundai H1 car and/or van.
Transfer in private service from the community of Leymebamba to the city of Cajamarca in a Hyundai H1 car and/or van.
Transportation to the above mentioned tourist attractions in a Hyundai H1 car and/or van.
Tourist tickets to the sites to be visited.
Lunches during the transfer and visits to tourist attractions (08)
Guides in English and/or Spanish expert of the area 08 days.
Horses for the visit to the mausoleums of Revash.
Hotel and/or hostel.
First aid kit
What is not included?
Hotels on the first and last day.
Bus tickets and others not specified.
Additional Free Services
- Enrich your experience with our additional extra services:
We will capture special moments of your tour using high-end cell phone cameras to guarantee superior quality images. These photographs will be carefully selected and sent directly to your WhatsApp or email in high resolution format, preserving the quality and details of your unforgettable memories.